JOVIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Acceptance of Terms
Registration and Eligibility
You shall not:
- create any account for anyone other than yourself without such person's permission
- use the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person
- use a JOVIA account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or
- use a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.
Noviah’s and your rights
- Noviah reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel an account at its sole discretion
- You are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your JOVIA account.
- You shall never use another user's account without such other user's prior express permission. You will immediately notify JOVIA in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
If you use a mobile device, please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree that you will update your account information on the Services within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
Thank you for using JOVIA! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and the choices you have. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non‐personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you).We collect information during sign‐up (step in app installation process) and when you use JOVIA.
- During sign‐up: When you sign up you voluntarily give us your email address.
- When you use JOVIA
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use JOVIA. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data: Whenever you use JOVIA for an interaction our servers automatically record information ("log data") in addition to information the JOVIA app installed on your smartphone provides. Log data may include the date and time of your interaction and location where interaction was initiated. Additionally, any image scanned by your device camera will be sent to our servers as well.
- Device Information ‐ In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device you're using for JOVIA, including type of device, operating system, device settings and unique device identifier
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information collected, when you initiate and interaction, to not only give you a fun and rewarding experience, but also improve your experience, develop new functions and features, and protect JOVIA, other users and clients of Noviah Technology Corp. We use the information collected to offer you:
- Customized content ‐ rewards and information that you might be interested in.
- Relevant content ‐ rewards and information that is contextual to the time and location you are currently located.
- Learn about how you use the rewards and information provided to give you a more relevant reward next time.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
Occasionally, we'll use the information to send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
The Service contains Content specifically provided by Noviah or its partners and clients, such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws, as applicable. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. We only collect information only when you use JOVIA for an interaction, not otherwise. You have two simple, yet powerful options to manage your information:
- Don't use JOVIA: If you are not comfortable to share information with Noviah Technology Corp. at any particular time because of the circumstance or context you are in don't use JOVIA. It is that simple. We will not collect any information outside that you have expressly indicated to collect through your settings.
- Close your account: A very radical choice for sure but is still available to you. We do not want to see our users leave and lose the benefits of this powerful platform to become a better you. But, if you would like to close your account simply contact us; we'll deactivate it and remove your information from our active database. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
How we share the information we collect?
JOVIA enables users to interact with visual media and access streams of entertainment, find relevant information, and earn rewards, and to do it effectively we may use identifiable information as specified by clients. We may share identifiable information with third‐parties, but the extant and use of information will be limited to the specific instance of use only.
A client, such as an advertiser, would be interested in knowing specifics about users who used JOVIA to interact with one of their advertisements. In this scenario we would give them identifiable information related to their advertisement only and nothing more. Their ability to share with third parties will be restricted to client's use only and not for use of third party.
If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Noviah Technology Corp.; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non‐personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a client of Noviah Technology Corp. how many people used JOVIA to interact with their ad or program, or the percentage of viewers who interacted with a competitor's ad.
Our Policy on Child Users
JOVIA is best suited for users who are 18 years of age or more but it can be used by users of all ages. JOVIA is only a portal to interact with visual media just like a web browser is a portal to the World Wide Web. It is the policy of Noviah Technology Corp. to present users only with interactions that match the TV General Audience rating of all videos on the app and site. The content videos available to be redeemed for pleasurable viewing carry their own ratings per the motion picture association of America (MPAA) film-rating system which is used in the United States and its territories to rate a film's suitability for certain audiences, based on its content. The MPAA rating system is a voluntary scheme that is not enforced by law; films can be exhibited without a rating. If you learn that your minor child has been provided with inappropriate information, please contact us.
Limitation of Liability
ALL LIABILITY OF NOVIAH, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, CLIENTS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HOWSOEVER ARISING FOR ANY LOSS SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE THE SITE, APP, SERVICE, CONTENT, OR ADD-TO LINK IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAVE THAT, IF A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION DETERMINES THAT LIABILITY OF NOVIAH, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS (AS APPLICABLE) HAS ARISEN, THE TOTAL OF SUCH LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN AGGREGATE TO ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS ($100).
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NOVIAH, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, CLIENTS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY OR OTHERWISE (AND WHETHER OR NOT NOVIAH, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HAD PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, SERVICE, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR ADD-TO LINK FOR:
INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES;
LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS;
LOSS OF REVENUE;
LOSS OF GOODWILL;
LOSS OF DATA;
LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
WASTED EXPENDITURE; OR
COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUE GOODS OR SERVICES.
How we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use JOVIA after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.
Rules and Conduct
You may contact Noviah at the following address: 9250 Bendix Road, Columbia, MD 21045.